Since I’ve started my yoga teacher certification I felt the need to know more. I rediscovered a love for learning, left behind when university almost dragged me to depression. That’s why I’ve decided to connect my yoga teacher knowledge with something interconnected: health coaching.
WHAT DOES A HEALTH COACH?
A health coach is a supportive mentor and wellness authority helping clients feel their best through food and lifestyle changes, tailoring individualized wellness programs to meet their clients’ needs.
Firstly, we health coach ourselves. We are constantly learning from within ourselves and from our clients. We help transitioning into those important healthy habits that can lead to a better lifestyle.
Health coaching focuses on Stage 1 of prevention that aims to keep you healthy and prevent the sickness. How? Fixing bad habits, best quality of life and average well-being.
NOT SO FUN FACTS
Did you know that:
- nearly 30% of the world’s population is obese or overweight?
- less than 1/8 of physical visits include any nutrition counseling?
- 70% of deaths are caused by chronic illness each year?
- that 1 in 3 adults have high blood pressure?
- only 3% of our healthcare dollars are spent on preventing diseases?
Health coaches do not diagnose, treat or take responsibility for bringing about wellness changes in a client’s life; rather he or she guides and supports the development of and progress toward personal wellness goals.
WHAT MAKES A HEALTH COACH UNIQUE?
Yeah, we know 100 dietary theories because we have to be up to date. Do we suggest you one of those diets? No, if your doctor didn’t. We want to dig deeper, understand what’s really missing in your life. Is it just about food that you put into your body or is it about what’s really going on in your life?
- How are your relationships? Are you happy? Are people supporting you or draining you?
- Do you do physical activity? I’m not saying preparing for a marathon, I’m talking about even just going for a power walk 30 minutes a day.
- Does your career fulfill you? Are you happy waking up in the morning to go to work? Are you oppressed at work?
- Do you have a spiritual practice? Do you go to church? Or do you meditate? Do you focus on yourself daily?
Relationships, exercise, career, and spirituality are the main pillars of Primary Food and our future health coaching sessions. We will understand how those 4 fields can affect your way of eating and how you can improve those one step at a time in the different programs that I’m building and I will launch by the end of March.
Right now, I’m offering FREE DISCOVERY SESSIONS for those interested in this and want to know more. Each program is going to be adapted to your needs and desires, I’ll be there to take you by the end and guide you.
I speak Italian, English, and Spanish. I will be so happy to connect with as many like-minded people as possible to step into the rest of our lives with the right foot.
DO YOU WANT TO BECOME A HEALTH COACH?
If you want to become a health coach, or simply you feel interested in what it is and you want to know more I have a special deal for you from my school: the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
For any questions contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.